Sunday 12 January 2014

NOTD; Sherlock Inspired Mani

I am a huge fan of the BBC Sherlock series, and tonight is the finale of the third season. I'm both itching to see it and dreading it, because it will be the last episode :'(

Fellow fans should recognise the three references, but for those who have yet to see the series, I'll explain them below :)

This manicure also includes some stamping from MoYou London, and I cannot sing their praises enough. I have over 23 plates... And staming is not my strongest point with nail art.


Basecoat: OPI Original Nail Envy.
Thumb: China Glaze - White on White, China Glaze - Liquid Leather. Refers to a scene with Irene Adler, otherwise known as 'The Woman'.
Index: Zoya - Elisa, OPI - My Vampire Is Buff. Refers to a scene pertaining to Sherlock's arch-nemesis (and my favourite character), Moriarty.
Middle: OPI - My Vampire Is Buff, and Konad Black. Stamp image is From MoYou London's 'Tourist Collection' (Plate 01), referencing Conan Doyle's original Sherlock,
Ring: Essie - Chinchilly. Konad Black with an image from MoYou London's 'Tourist Collection' (Plate 02), and Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow. Refers to Sherlock's unbelievable ability to get bored.
Pinky: China Glaze - Dress Me Up, and Konad White with an image from MoYou London's 'Scholar Collection' (Plate 01). I felt the calculations were a good way to show Sherlock's mind at work, or his Mind Palace.
Topcoat: Seche Vite.

No comments:

Post a Comment